Lucius II: The Prophecy is a 2015 psychological horror stealth video game and a sequel to Lucius. The game developed by Shiver Games and takes place in two locations: St. Benedict Memorial Hospital and a small town named Ludlow. An untitled sequel will presumably be released in 2018.
Lucius is taken to the psychiatric ward of St. Benedict Memorial Hospital by unsuspecting caretakers. The Book of Revelation predicts the birth of a child that would end up ruling the world with an iron rod. The first part of this prophecy has been fulfilled. It is time to take care of the rest.
After the events of the first game, a seven-year-old Lucius Wagner has been taken to St. Benedict Memorial Hospital since the adults believe he must be traumatized by the violent "accidental" deaths of his entire family.
Meanwhile, Detective McGuffin has managed to put the pieces together and has realised that he has been helping the Devil's son all along. At that very moment, McGuffin is visited by Lucifer, who tells him that Lucius is indeed his spawn and is required for the end of days. He convinces McGuffin to protect him as everything they doing is "part of God's plan".
Six months go by without a visit from his father and Lucius's powers mysteriously disappear. Just when he believed that he had been abandoned, Lucius suddenly gets the urge to attack a nun, which makes the staff put him into shock therapy. When a doctor tries to zap him however, he regains his strength and powers which allows him to kill the doctors instantly.
As Lucius works downward from floors 5 to 1 of the hospital (floor 6 where he was born is not accessed) by killing many of the other staff to obtain room keys, he finds out that there is another son of the Devil named Isaac Gilmore, who is wreaking havoc on the nearby town of Ludlow who was born at the same hospital years before he was. Lucius also finds out that his father Charles Wagner survived the the destruction of Dante Manor and was the reason for his powers weakening, but Lucius swiftly murders him.
Since Isaac is a rival who is also competing for the seat on Lucifer's lap (i.e. to become the Antichrist), Lucius, with the aid of McGuffin, heads for Ludlow to defeat Isaac and fulfil the Prophecy himself. Upon arriving, Lucius discovers that Isaac is trying to sound the Trumpets of Revelation and has already sounded the 1st trumpet by burning Ludlow's cornfields. In order to catch up, McGuffin steals a truck that has pesticides so that Lucius may poison the town's water supply thus fulfilling the 3rd trumpet just as Isaac caused a meteor to fall into the sea as for the 2nd trumpet.
After shutting down the power plant to sound the 4th trumpet, Lucius and McGuffin then head for a nearby research facility which has a locust farm in order to fulfil the 5th trumpet, and after freeing many of them, Lucius finds Isaac who is in the process of supernaturally torturing victims. Isaac will hurt Lucius if he gets too close to him and he is immune to every weapon, except for salt. Knowing this weakness, Lucius grabs a nearby salt container and throws it at him which apparently kills him and he explodes in a burst of flames.
Upon returning to Ludlow, the mass devastation caused the National Guard to patrol the town with martial law in place as they force citizens to evacuate. With four of the guards symbolizing four angels of the 6th trumpet, Lucius kills them. While searching for the angel of the 7th trumpet, Lucius finds a resurrected Isaac, who tries to kill him with fireballs. By breaking a fire hydrant near a deceased nurse who had a shotgun in her hand and loading it with nearby bullets which have salt in them, Lucius shoots at Isaac and destroys him.
Lucifer, who had been once an actual angel, gives Lucius the Sacred Scroll which has the seven seals which Lucius needs to break with certain actions which will cause more chaos. As the game ends, Lucius gets onto one of the evacuation buses with McGuffin driving and he realizes there is still much more to do. Lucifer appears on the bus and makes the side note that he has many sons, but Lucius is special and can bring forth Rapture as "the little Anti-Christ".
On the bus, the fellow passengers represent the main development team of the game as the floor has the words "THIS IS THE END" . However as a slight Easter egg, it is ironically possible for the player to kill all of them (including Lucifer), except for McGuffin who is endlessly driving the bus.
- 3D Splatter adventure sandbox that continues the story of the original game.
- Over 100 potential victims.
- Lucius can now explore a vast five story hospital and the small town of Ludlow.
- Homage to the classic horror movies. You can find references to different titles all over the game.
- Create your truly own unique traps by using a complex combination system and various tools.
- Each level is its own sandbox where you can decide when, how and who to kill.
- Create your own unique Lucius by choosing your favorite supernatural abilities.
In a recent August 2015 update, an extras option was added that appears after first playthrough. It includes the ability to:
- Replay specific levels
- Change difficulty settings on the game
- Change Lucius's clothes during gameplay
List of Pop Culture referencesEdit
- In a room of the hospital the game starts in, a ball named Bengt is kept, which is a reference to Bengt The Ball from the YouTuber PewDiePie's videos of the first game.
- As Lucius turns puts 'seeds of evil' into the youngling babies, a vision of what evil they will do appears as a newspaper article. The four featured are: Jason Voorees (from the Friday the 13th series), Freddy Kruger (from the Nightmare on Elm Street series), Jeffrey Dahmer (real life serial killer; accuracy notes: he was born in 1960 and in Ohio) and Jame Gump ("Buffalo Bill" from Silence of the Lambs).
- The town of Ludow's cornfields are likely a reference to the Children of the Corn series as well is the main antagonist being named Isaac, whose appearance resembles Malachai, another antagonist in the Children of the Corn Series.
- On Level 1 Chapter 1,There is a crazy Ludlow man, while on the wall a Phone number belongs to a certain woman named Maria located there. The number is 555-0134. You will archive a "Call Maria" Achievement after a success call. Maria will say "this is Maria and my tits are gonna rot off", which is a Fight Club Reference.
- In the same room with the Ludlow man, you can find multiple references to either movie titles or quotes from famous movies such as "The Shining"'s 'all work and no play makes jack a dull boy' and a reference to the movie "Se7en".
- On Level 1 Chapter 2, there is a mechanic guy named Red Foreman, who shared the same name with father of Eric Foreman, the hero of famous American 70s show "House", a.k.a. "that 70s show".
- While on the same Level 1 Ch. 2, there is a guy named Joseph in the bank, when he was talking to the greedy banker about bank loans etc, he said "what I can do is to put my foot in your ass", this is also a famous quote from Red Foreman.
- When the first level has been completed, a newspaper is shown. The editor is named "H.P Baxxter", which could be a reference to the frontman of the techno band "Scooter", who shares the same name.
- On Chapter 2, Level 1, the shop in which you have to retrieve a bible is named Mushniks's after the shop from the comedic musical horror, Little Shop of Horrors.