Lucius II: The Prophecy is a psychological horror stealth video game developed by Shiver Games. It is the sequel to Lucius. The game takes place in St. Benedict Memorial Hospital and a small city named Ludlow, Massachusetts. It was released on February 13th, 2015.
Lucius is taken to the psychiatric ward of St. Benedict Memorial Hospital by unsuspecting caretakers. The Book of Revelation predicts the birth of a child that would end up ruling the world with an iron rod. The first part of this prophecy has been fulfilled. It is time to take care of the rest.
After the events of the first game, Lucius is being treated at the hospital since the adults believe he must be traumatized by the violent "accidental" deaths of his entire family. With his powers mysteriously gone, weeks and months go by without a visit from Lucifer, Lucius suddenly gets the urge to attack a nun which makes the staff put him into shock therapy. When a doctor tries to zap him however, he regains his strength and powers which allows him to kill the doctor instantly. Meanwhile, Detective McGuffin is visited by Lucifer who tells him that Lucius is his spawn required for the end of days and that he needs to protect him. As Lucius works downward from floors 5 to 1 of the hospital (floor 6 where he was born is not accessed) by killing many of the other staff to obtain room keys, he finds out that there is another son of the devil named Isaac Gilmore who is wreaking havoc on the nearby town of Ludlow who was born at the same hospital years before he was. He also finds out that his father Charles Wagner survived the banister which fell on him during the destruction of Dante Manor, but Lucius swiftly murders him. With McGuffin's aid, he gets a ride from him and heads for Ludlow to find that Isaac has already done things to sound the 1st and 2nd trumpets of Revelation. In order to catch up, McGuffin steals a truck that has pesticides so that Lucius may poison the town's water supply thus fullfilling the 3rd trumpet. Meanwhile, Isaac causes a meteor to fall in as for the 4th trumpet.
Lucius and McGuffin then head for a nearby research facility which has a locust farm in order to fullfill the 5th trumpet, and after freeing many of them, Lucius finds Isaac who is in the process of supernaturally torturing victims. Since Isaac is a rival who is also competiting for the seat on Lucifer's lap (i.e. to become the Antichrist), he will hurt Lucius if he gets too close to him and he is immune to every weapon, except salt. Knowing this weakness, Lucius grabs a nearby salt container and throws it at him which apparently kills him as ball of fire.
Upon returning to Ludlow, the mass devastations caused the National Guard to patrol the town with martial law in place as they force citizens to evacuate. With four of the guards symbolizing four angels of the 6th trumpet, Lucius kills them. While searching for the angel of the 7th trumpet, Lucius finds a resurrected Isaac who tries to kill him with fireballs. By breaking a fire hydrant near a deceased nurse who had a shotgun in her hand and loading it with nearby bullets which have salt in them, he shoots at Isaac which destroys him. Lucifer who had been once an actual angel gives Lucius the Sacred Scroll which has the seven seals which Lucius needs to break with certain actions which will cause more chaos.
As the game ends, Lucius gets onto one of the evacuation buses with McGuffin driving as he realizes there is still much more to do, as Lucifer makes the side note that he has many sons, but Lucius is special and can bring forth Rapture as "the little Antichrist". On the bus, the fellow passengers represent the main development team of the game as the floor has the words "THIS IS THE END" . However as a slight easter egg, it is ironically possible for the player to kill all of them including Lucifer except for McGuffin who is endlessly driving the bus.
- 3D Splatter adventure sandbox that continues the story of the original game.
- Over 100 potential victims.
- Lucius can now explore a vast five story hospital and the small town of Ludlow.
- Homage to the classic horror movies. You can find references to different titles all over the game.
- Create your truly own unique traps by using a complex combination system and various tools.
- Each level is its own sandbox where you can decide when, how and who to kill.
- Create your own unique Lucius by choosing your favorite supernatural abilities.
In a recent August 2015 update, an extras option was added that appears after first playthrough. It includes the ability to:
- Replay specific levels
- Change difficulty settings on the game
- Change Lucius's clothes during gameplay
List of Pop Culture referencesEdit
- In a room of the hospital the game starts in, a ball named Bengt is kept, which is a reference to Bengt The Ball from the YouTuber PewDiePie's videos of the first game.
- As Lucius turns puts 'seeds of evil' into the youngling babies, a vision of what evil they will do appears as a newspaper article. The four featured are: Jason Voorees (from the Friday the 13th series), Freddy Kruger (from the Nightmare on Elm Street series), Jeffrey Dahmer (real life serial killer; accuracy notes: he was born in 1960 and in Ohio) and Jame Gump ("Buffalo Bill" from Silence of the Lambs).
- The town of Ludow's cornfields are likely a reference to the Children of the Corn series as well is the main antagonist being named Isaac, whose appearance resembles Malachai, another antagonist in the Children of the Corn Series.
- On Level 1 Chapter 1,There is a crazy Ludlow man, while on the wall a Phone number belongs to a certain woman named Maria located there. The number is 555-0134. You will archive a "Call Maria" Achievement after a success call. Maria will say "this is Maria and my tits are gonna rot off", which is a Fight Club Reference.
- In the same room with the Ludlow man, you can find multiple references to either movie titles or quotes from famous movies such as "The Shining"'s 'all work and no play makes jack a dull boy' and a reference to the movie "Se7en".
- On Level 1 Chapter 2, there is a mechanic guy named Red Foreman, who shared the same name with father of Eric Foreman, the hero of famous American 70s show "House", a.k.a. "that 70s show".
- While on the same Level 1 Ch. 2, there is a guy named Joseph in the bank, when he was talking to the greedy banker about bank loans etc, he said "what I can do is to put my foot in your ass", this is also a famous quote from Red Foreman.
- When the first level has been completed, a newspaper is shown. The editor is named "H.P Baxxter", which could be a reference to the frontman of the techno band "Scooter", who shares the same name.
- On Chapter 2, Level 1, the shop in which you have to retrieve a bible is named Mushniks's after the shop from the comedic musical horror, Little Shop of Horrors.